From the Gone to Carolina blog: You might be a Northerner if . . .
* Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.
* You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
* For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes-au-gratin to grits.
* You don't know what a moon pie is.
* You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
* You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than at Six Flags.
* You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.
* You drink either "Pop" or "Soda"- instead of "Cokes."
* You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato sandwich.
* You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-'n-knife show.
* You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.
* You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.
* You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.
* You have more than one professional sports team in your home state.
* You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.
* You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Bob, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)
* You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie)
* You don't have Maw-maw's & Paw-paw's.
* You have no idea who the Allisons or Pettys are.
* None of your fur coats are homemade